The Pointers in our care need loving homes. Could you provide one?
Rehoming – Step By Step
Here’s our simple guide to how rehoming works at Pointers In Need.
- Find a Pointer that you’d like to adopt. Please take the time to find out all you can about the breed and how best to support a rescued Pointer.
- Complete our online pre-adoption form. We’ll ask you to tell us about yourself, your home, your lifestyle, and your experience with dogs. If the fit seems right, that’s when you reserve your Pointer.
- One of our experienced home checkers will make an appointment to visit you in your home. It’s a friendly process, but it’s thorough too. It’s also a good opportunity to ask lots of questions.
- If the homecheck is successful, we will keep in regular contact and, as soon as possible, confirm transport details. At this stage we’ll send you the adoption form to complete with the adoption fees.
- Arrival day! We will agree a day and time for you to collect your Pointer from the foster carer. If your Pointer is arriving from Europe he/she will be transported to your door. For dogs entering the UK from non EU countries, a different process may apply. We will discuss this with you.
Our role doesn’t end when your Pointer arrives. In the coming weeks, we follow up with you to see how things are going. We are always on hand to have a chat, answer any questions, and provide support if you need it.
We really like to keep in touch. And if you have a moment to update us and send in pictures of you and your new best friend, we’d be over the moon.
Pouring over pictures of Happy Pointers in their new homes is the best part of the job!
Our donation fees are from £475 for UK bred Pointers in need of rehoming, and from £800 for dogs which are brought in from Europe.
This donation contributes toward the costs of rescuing and rehoming Pointers. If a Pointer needs extensive veterinary care and rehabilitation, the fees can run into several thousands of pounds. So, if you are in a position to give a little more, at any time, we and the Pointers will gladly accept it.
A member of the Rehoming Team can discuss and confirm the expected donation required upon your initial enquiry.
So how do I actually pay you?
You can pay online using our Adoption Donations Form.
Alternatively using PayPal “friends and family“ option to firstname.lastname@example.org
For payment via BACS: Lloyds Bank: Pointers In Need sort code: 30-98-90 account no: 15706968
Helpful Breed information
We have produced some helpful information about the breed and some basic information about rescuing a beautiful Pointer. They are all PDF files and can be accessed using the link below.
Please contact us if you need any further help or require more information.